About Maui Brown Bag
The recycled and reusable bags available from Maui Brown Bag are ideal for many venues, including: shops, restaurants, grocers, and other special events. We at Maui Brown Bag feel it is important to promote green living in our day to day lives. Toward that effort, all of our paper products are produced from a high percentage of post-consumer waste. This means our bags meet, and even exceed, the Maui County Ordinance #3587, which regulates use of plastic bags, while encouraging recycled and reusable bags in a commercial setting.
The name, Maui Brown Bag, embodies the simplicity of our primary product, the natural Kraft brown bag, made with with a simple brown Kraft paper. However, for those who require a more vibrant or bold bag appearance, we offer bags in any color, with one or more colors of ink and custom logos.
Use our request form located on our quote request page to receive a quote.
The Benefits Of Our Bags:
Review some Recycling Statistics:
• An ordinary office generates around 1 pound of paper, per employee. Out of that 1 pound, approximately 77% is wasted, recyclable material, and is derived from high grade paper.
• Recycling old paper to produce new paper requires about 30% to 50% less energy than creating the same paper directly from trees.
• In addition, pollution is reduced by 95% when using recycled paper to create new sheets.
• Of all the waste going into landfills, around 40% is paper.
• Paper produced from 100% recycled content uses 44% less energy, creates 38% less greenhouse emissions, and uses 50% less wastewater. This makes roughly 49% less solid waste and requires 100% less wood.
• Within 10 years, the demand for recycled paper will exceed the available supply by around 1.5 million tons.
The easiest way to support community recycling efforts is to look for products created from high percentages of post-consumer waste, such as Maui Brown Bag. Post-consumer waste is produced by an end consumer from a material stream.